Siirry pääsisältöön

Our new coffee maker makes our coffee making much more ecological

I was listening to a radio program about the environmental affects of coffee. This one is in Finnish, you can still listen to it:


Not too much have been talked about how different drinks effect the climate. Coffee is actually really bad.. Mari Koistinen says it can be as bad as beef for the climate.

I knew something about it, thanks to environmental activists in my near circles and probably also thanks to my Dad, environmental researcher that he is. Myself I can always learn more about these things. I have learned also from politics when campaigning for Mai Kivelä's political campaign.

Well anyway, one of these activists was visiting my house once and was worried if I keep my coffee machine on a long time after making the coffee. I tried to use a thermos bottle, just immediately after making the coffee, pouring it to the thermos. Because imagine when everyone keeps the machine on like half an hour every day..

Also it's important to use all the coffee you buy, it's actually a luxury product in the world and making it has its costs too. And try to drink the coffee you take. It saves money too.
I don't know how much it even helps, but might be good to buy fairtrade and organic coffee.

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Mikä lintu?

Tää video on kyllä viime vuoden kesäkuulta. Videon kuvaaja heiluu ihan onnettomasti ja tietenkin puhuu päällekin. Mutta menköön. Kannattaa muuten lukea tähän lintuun liittyvä klassikkokirja.

Naamio

Lähetetty Windows Phonesta